NPRI Hosts President George W. Bush
On January 31, 2008, the Nevada Policy Research Institute had the honor of hosting President George W. Bush for a policy address in Las Vegas.
The President discussed the War on Terror and took the occasion to publicly sign a 15-day extension of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. Much of the President's speech focused on what he called the "transformative powers of liberty."
Relive this historic event by clicking on any of the links below.
- State Republicans rethink allegiances - Las Vegas Review-Journal, Feb. 4, 2008
- Week in Review: Jan. 28 - Feb. 1 - Las Vegas Review-Journal, Feb. 3, 2008
- Bush signs eavesdropping extension - Las Vegas Review-Journal, Feb. 1, 2008
- Senate Democrats' Stimulus Plan Hits Roadblock - New York Times, Feb. 1, 2008
- Bush defends wars in Iraq, Afghanistan - Los Angeles Times, Feb. 1, 2008
- Bush uses LV stage to address global war on terror - Las Vegas Sun, Jan. 31, 2008
- Associated Press coverage in: Las Vegas Sun, San Diego Union-Tribune, Times Record News (Wichita Falls, Texas), Houston Chronicle, Taiwan News
- Descent Into Las Vegas - Las Vegas Review-Journal, Jan. 31, 2008
- President Bush visits Nevada - KRNV-TV, Jan. 31, 2008
- President Bush Makes Bay Area Pit Stop - NBC 11 (San Jose, Calif.), Jan. 31, 2008