I am so grateful.
Grateful because I just walked into the Nevada Policy Research Institute from a gorgeous 70-degree Nevada day. Grateful to work with the most motivated, intelligent, passionate-about-freedom, doing-what-is-right, people I have ever met.
Why should you be grateful?
You live in this beautiful state and have NPRI’s brilliant staff working long hours fighting to preserve your rights and freedoms. You still do not have to pay state income taxes and have more freedoms than most states.
I have moved with my wife over 2000 miles to be a part of something bigger than myself. To help this exceptional band of believers in the good for all of limited constitutional government, accomplish even more.
NPRI’s policy shop, media centers, and the Center for Justice and Constitutional Litigation work tirelessly to:
- Protect Educational Savings Accounts from defunding, so parents have hope for their children to choose a better education options.
- Make Nevada government more transparent, so you the taxpayer can see where your money is being spent — and unfortunately wasted.
- Fight cronyism by keeping those in power from rewarding their politically-connected friends with your hard-earned money.
- Enforce the separation of powers within government so those who represent us are not also on the state payroll.
- Protect the taxpayers with constant diligence against the implementation of a state income tax.
- Use the courts to right the wrongs of unjust takings of your land or property by government.
- Solve and save the government pension system (PERS) from mismanagement and abuse.
- Give teachers the right to choose their representation.
- And so much more.
As NPRI’s new President, I will stay grateful, using my past experiences to give my all to guide NPRI to further accomplishments on your behalf.
So stay grateful, and don’t take the beautiful weather, amazing vistas, or your freedoms for granted.
John A. Tsarpalas
Nevada Policy Research Institute