Nevada’s 82nd Legislative Session: Week 1
Nevada’s 82nd legislative session kicked off this week in Carson City, and Nevada Policy’s Marcos Lopez was there to keep watch on legislation that may affect your liberties. During this first episode of Under the Dome, Marcos shares the most important things that happened this week in Carson City, including:
- What Steve Yeager’s unanimous election as Speaker says about the Republican Party’s view on this legislative session;
- The school choice policy that already seems out of reach for this session, but what we can still do to advance school choice;
- The Governor and Treasurer Zach Conine’s proposed plans for the state’s $1.5 billion surplus, and what Nevada Policy is advocating for instead;
- The Voter ID bill that we’re keeping a close eye on; and
- Who the Great 8 are and why you need to keep a close eye on them this legislative session.
Sign up to get updates on what’s happening during Nevada’s 2023 Legislative Session.
Under the Dome: This Week in Carson City can also be heard on Amazon and iTunes.
Under the Dome: This Week in Carson City
An in-depth analysis of what is going on in Nevada’s government.
Produced by Nevada Policy,
featuring Nevada Policy’s Marcos Lopez.