I’m so excited! It’s here. It’s finally here!
We’re just days away from the event that parents have been waiting for: Nevada’s ESA support rally and Supreme Court oral arguments! This Friday, July 29th!
Grab your ESA support signs and join in as parents and community members from across the valley come together to support Nevada’s ESA program!
Head down to the Regional Justice Center at 200 Lewis Ave in Las Vegas and stand strong with other ESA supporters for an early rally before going upstairs to view the Supreme Court oral arguments.
R a l l y : 8 : 3 0 a . m . t o 9 : 0 0 a . m .
1 0 : 0 0 A M – L o p e z O r a l A r g u m e n t s
1 1 : 3 0 A M – D u n c a n O r a l A r g u m e n t s
Come early with your friends and family and let your voice be heard! Lend your strength and support to the legal team, Treasurer Dan Schwartz and the brave families who have intervened in Duncan.
Once again, a few reminders for this historical day:
- Everyone who wants to watch the oral arguments will need to go through security, so be prepared to remove your shoes, belts and purses.
- Plan on a delay entering the Regional Justice Center as the Marshals search for weapons and other contraband.
- The Regional Justice Center prohibits any show of support or opposition in the building. So while we encourage everyone to show their support on the courthouse steps, no shirts, hats, accessories or other apparel showing support will be allowed inside. (Rally signs must also remain outside.)
- The Supreme Court courtroom is a professional setting and attendees are encouraged to dress accordingly: Shirts and shoes are required. Hats must be removed before entering court. No tank tops or shorts.
- No cell phones allowed in the Supreme Court courtroom. You will be required to leave your cellphones with the marshal before entering.
Etiquette and Decorum
- The Supreme Court courtroom is a professional setting requiring complete quiet from the audience. The atmosphere is akin to that of a very, very quiet church. Talking will not be tolerated and you could be removed by marshals.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the courtroom.
- Children are allowed in the courtroom. However, I recommend families with young children view the proceedings from the Jury Assembly Room on the third floor, which is a slightly less formal setting.
- The overflow room is open to everyone and will not be segregated by support or opposition. Marshals have advised they will be present to maintain civility. Shouting and other outbursts will not be tolerated.
We are asking supporters to bring their own signs highlighting their personal message of support. A poster board decorated with markers, paints, glitter, etc., is a simple and inexpensive way to do this. We will also have a handful of pre-made signs — created earlier in the week by parent volunteers — available at the rally.
As a show of solidarity with other ESA supporters we are asking that signs have both, our hashtag #LetOurChildrenSucceed and that of our fellow ESA supporters: #YestoESA.
We will have a place outside the courthouse building to leave signs, for parents that want to watch the oral arguments.
Metered parking is available in lots along 3rd St. and Clark and at the Clark County Parking garage at 455 S. 3rd Street. The Fremont Street Experience parking garage, located at 425 Fremont, also offers paid parking. (For that parking, you enter off 4th Street off Carson.) If parking is an issue, please call me at 702-222-0642. We can arrange free shuttle transport with our rally partner group.
The Supreme Court courtroom, located on the 17th floor, seats about 60 – 70 people. An estimated 30 seats are expected to be reserved, leaving just a few seats for the public. Overflow seating is located in the Jury Assembly Room, located on the Third Floor. All seats will be filled on a first-come, first-seated basis.
This is it, parents! The legal team, Treasurer Dan Schwartz and the brave parents intervening in Duncan need your support. They need your strength!
Come on down and rally for Nevada’s children — for your children.
And if you are in northern Nevada, or can’t make it to Las Vegas, call me for information regarding events in your area: 702-222-0642. Your voice will not be left out!
Download a flyer to invite your friends and family! ESA Rally flyer