Are you looking for an opportunity that will make a real impact in Nevada?
The President’s Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the President and contribute to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Development Department. This role requires exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Nevada Policy has the following openings for dedicated interns who are passionate about making a positive change in public policy.
Our interns are offered flexible schedules and the ability to learn the ins and outs of working in the non-profit, research and public-policy sector. Interns are paid $12/hr with an opportunity to move into a higher level position as an apprentice at $14/hr. Candidates must be enrolled in a college or university, and a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Administrative intern will have the opportunity to work with the organization’s President one-on-one, helping him in all aspects of running an organization, specifically learning the ins and outs of the non-profit sector.
- Organize President’s office
- Send emails on behalf of President
- Process and clean lists
- Organize and manage President’s digital calendar
- Prepare and edit correspondence, notes, announcements, schedules, travel arrangements, and other documentation as requested
- Run business errands
- Process invoices
- Distribute photos, books and gifts to donors
- Help convert paper files to digital
Transparency Research Intern
The Transparency Research Intern with work directly with Director of Policy to manage one of our organizations most successful projects, Transparent California. With almost 4 million users, Transparent California has become the go-to news source for all state and city pensions for the state of California.
- Submit and manage public-records requests
- Add requests to a detailed spreadsheet to ensure that records requests are being tracked and followed up on as needed
- Conduct professional correspondence with government officials by phone and email to obtain requested public records
- Review public-records requests to ensure that all requested data is provided
- Data entry
As a non-profit, Nevada Policy operates on the generosity donors and foundations. The Development intern will learn and have the opportunity to be a part of all aspects of fundraising, including learning best practices in direct mail, donor pitches, donor communications, and much more.
- Research and build profiles on donor prospects
- Attend various donor meetings
- Assist in the planning of NPRI’s two large fundraising events
- Learn donor database management and analysis
- Conduct professional correspondence requesting meetings with prospective donors for NPRI’s development staff
- Update direct mail spreadsheet as needed