It’s been a big week in Nevada’s legislature, with the week ending with the first committee passage deadline. As many as 30 percent of the bills introduced this session are now officially dead. Marcos Lopez summarizes the most important bills to pass out of committee this week, including:
- Which bill is among the worst tax bills brought forth this session and exempt from this week’s committee deadline;
- How a telehealth bill could revolutionize access to medical services, especially in rural communities;
- What civil asset forfeiture is, and which bill would help bring transparency to it;
- Which occupational licensing bills are moving out of committee this week; and
- Which bad policy bills moved out of committee that you should contact your legislators about.
To keep updated throughout the week on what is happening in Carson City, visit Nevada Policy’s bill tracker at nevadapolicy.org/bill-tracker.
Sign up to get updates on what’s happening during Nevada’s 2023 Legislative Session.
Under the Dome: This Week in Carson City
An in-depth analysis of what is going on in Nevada’s government.
Produced by Nevada Policy,
featuring Nevada Policy’s Marcos Lopez.