As the second month of the 2023 wraps up, Nevada Policy’s Marcos Lopez is joined by legislators and lobbyists to give an insider’s look into what’s been happening.
- Marcos Lopez gives an update on the bills the governor introduced this week, and why passing these bills would be great for Nevada;
- Senator Heidi Gansert discusses her Opportunity Scholarship bill and the likelihood that it will move forward this session;
- Senator Jeff Stone explains the importance of his occupational licensing bill for increasing the number of medical professionals in Nevada;
- Dean Clancy from Americans for Prosperity shares why public option plans will raise healthcare costs and some better alternatives;
- Assemblywoman Danielle Gallant discusses the future of her bill for home-based businesses; and
- Geoffrey Lawrence from Nevada Policy discusses the bills being pushed by public sector unions in this session.
To keep updated throughout the week on what is happening in Carson City, visit Nevada Policy’s bill tracker at nevadapolicy.org/bill-tracker.
Sign up to get updates on what’s happening during Nevada’s 2023 Legislative Session.
Under the Dome: This Week in Carson City
An in-depth analysis of what is going on in Nevada’s government.
Produced by Nevada Policy,
featuring Nevada Policy’s Marcos Lopez.